ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Scheduler

1999-11-03 09:20:27
Subject: Re: ADSM Scheduler
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:20:27 -0500
Yes, and it works quite well.

See the 'Installing the Clients' guide (IBM # SH26-4080-01), page 84 for
all the gory details.

The command you will run will probably look something like (lines wrapped
for readability):

dsmcutil install /NAME:"ADSM Scheduler"
 /CLIENTDIR:<the\path\to\your\install>
 /NODE:mygroovynodename
 /AUTOSTART:yes
 /PASSWORD:mygroovypassword

I have done this on all of our NT systems, and find it works w/o a hitch,
and is even reasonably easy to set up(what a concept!), and most users
won't muck with it, even if they are poking around in the 'Services'
control panel.

Good luck!