ADSM-L

pre-schedule command

1999-11-02 09:43:00
Subject: pre-schedule command
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:43:00 -0500
I was looking through the ADSM documentation for the Netware client and
here's what it says regarding the pre-schedule option.

*** Start Text from Using the Novell Netware Backup-Archive Client v3r1
manual ***

The preschedulecmd option specifies a command that ADSM should process
before it runs a schedule. ADSM
waits for the command to complete before it starts the schedule.

ADSM does not wait for the command to complete before continuing with other
processing.

*** End Text ***

In the first paragraph it states that ADSM waits for the command to
complete and in the next it says ADSM does not wait.  What gives?  Can
someone please clarify this for me?  I have tried this and I've found that
the scirpt/command is started and an instance later the ADSM schedule
begins.  This does not concur with the stated goals of this command such as
quiescing a database [which usually takes longer than an instance].

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh Tailor
WAN/Netview/ADSM Administrator
Carilion Health System