ADSM-L

Re: Client Option Sets. What gives?

1999-11-02 09:29:46
Subject: Re: Client Option Sets. What gives?
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:29:46 -0500
I didn't see if anyone responded to this yet so I'll jump in...

We use the following command for our 32bit Windows 95 clients:

UPDATE NODE * CLOPTSET=STANDARD

The only problem is that absolutely NO client's can be accessing the server
when this is done.If 1 client has a session with the ADSM then all nodes
will lose their association with the client option set.

Feature or Bug, you decide.

We run this command daily to add associate new nodes but we disable sessions
first then cancel any sessions outstanding and run the command. We have
requested that Tivloi make a change so that it will not fail if a client is
accessing the server or have ADSM choose a default " Standard" opt set just
like the "standard" policy domain is defaulted.

Anyway, I have rambled on way too long!

Good luck!

CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / TSM (ADSM)
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837