ADSM-L

cvs and adsm

1999-11-01 20:38:44
Subject: cvs and adsm
From: Bruce Skelton <skelton AT APPLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:38:44 -0800
Hello,

We are currently backing up large cvs repositories with adsm. When
attemting to restore the files adsm will give us zero length files,
however in viewing the files via the GUI it indicates the real size of
the file which is not zero k. We do most of our restores via command line.
On very rare occasions we get the file restored, mostly we get 0 k
files. IBM support indicates that the cvs naming conventions are illegal
characters to adsm and aix (filename,v). But this is definately not the
case with aix.
Has anybody experienced this problem with adsm and cvs? Is there a work around?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce