ADSM-L

Re: Anyone seen this before???????

2015-10-04 17:37:11
Subject: Re: Anyone seen this before???????
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Jason:

Pending volumes remain in the storage pool until REUSEDELAY days pass.
Therefore, QUERY VOLUME will show pending volumes.  Volumes that QUERY
LIBVOLUME shows, but QUERY VOLUME doesn't are not in any storage pool.

But, Jerry, QUERY VOLUME will not show database backup tapes; they are
not in any storage pool.  You have to use QUERY VOLHISTORY TYPE=DBBACKUP
to see those tapes.

Rich

At 07:13 AM 10/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Jerry,
>
>        They could be expired drmedia tapes that are in a pending state.
Check
>your Reuse delay setting.
>
>Regards,
>[------------------------------------]
>  Jason E. Thomas
>  syne7 AT yahoo DOT com / ronin91 AT home DOT com
>  Systems Engineer
>  Dickens Services Group [DSG]

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203