ADSM-L

Re: HACMP config for ADSM

1999-11-01 14:38:25
Subject: Re: HACMP config for ADSM
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:38:25 EST
Kells,

You have a good DRM opinion, as well as you
are a certified professional, but from the
beginning of this discussion, the first
question posted on the list never
mentioned DRM. That is why the subject
of this message is "HACMP config for ADSM",
not "HACMP and DRM for ADSM". There was
never addressed the case of total cluster
failure.

I don4t know where you got DRM into this.
DRM is the same, with or without HACMP.

     I think where our problems in communicating with each other are that
I am addressing both concerns, while you seem to be only addressing
scenario 1.

That4s right, because there had never
been asked a scenario 2. Maybe you
should have started another discussion,
may on HACMP list for scenario 1.

> Imagine a cluster that has to rebuild ADSM database
> everytime it does a failover ...

     That would be insane. <shudder>

Imagine a cluster that, when one node fails,
the other raises the applications servers,
but won4t start ADSM until you get offsite
copies of config files ... This is not a
cluster, this is a DRM solution. This is not
what was addressed on the question ...

HACMP downtime is less than 20 minutes, your
solution is a cluster with a downtime
of ... manual intervention required ...

Kells, HACMP is not DRM.

> Kells, HACMP is not DRM.

<sarcasm  mode on>
     No way!  Is THAT why I had to write two SEPARATE exams
in order to get HACMP and ADSM certifications!  Wow! :)
<sarcasm mode off>

Touchee !

<irony on>
You probably got higher grades on ADSM. When someone
asks about a cluster you answered DRM (?)
<irony off>

    Actually, I didn't think you were paranoid enough, because of
your failure to address the two types of scenarios I was thinking of
(and finally! stated explicitly in this e-mail).

I just answered what was asked. Look back the archive
on www.adsm.org and you will see that DRM as never
mentioned until you disagreed with my opinion
of HACMP implementation.

Rodrigo