ADSM-L

moving a node between domains

1999-11-01 07:23:36
Subject: moving a node between domains
From: "Bates, Richard" <Richard.Bates AT VERTEX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:23:36 -0000
I have a node which has archived some data to a management class with 7 year
retention.  I need to move this node into another domain which has exactly
the same management class configuration.  Will the data that has already
been archived be bound to the old 7 year MC (which I want to remove),  or
will it get rebound to the new 7 year MC in the new domain.

I suspect that the MC that is used for expiration is a combination of the
domain the node is assigned to, and the MC name the data is bound to.  If
the new domain had not had identical  MC's then the backretention and
archretention parameters which are part of the domain would have come into
effect.

Is my theory correct?

Richard.

Technical Services (ADSM) - Dawson House
Int: 33298  Ext: 01925 233298