ADSM-L

Re: AW: NT-Driveletters survive Deletion of Filespace

1999-10-29 09:47:29
Subject: Re: AW: NT-Driveletters survive Deletion of Filespace
From: Reinald Gfuellner <gfullner AT BATIAN.LPR.E-TECHNIK.TU-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:47:29 +0200
Thank for your reply, Michael

Reasigning driveletters afterwards by using the diskmanager, however,
does not solve the problem: DOS-kompatible paths
( f.e. in shortcuts or registry) are not beresolved correctly.

what I know by no is:

(1) this is not a problem of server-filespaces.
    (Changing to another node on the server gives the same effect)
(2) done once, a driveletter-assignment stays burried somwhere deep on
the
    physical disk, even if a completely new  partitioning and formating
is
    done.
(3) In the auxiliary restauration system y:\winnt the sparedisk is
    recogniced from the beginning correctly as c: and d: After restoring
    on and booting from this very sparedisk the first partition is y:
again.

Who knows NT or adsm better ?
Is there another solution than lowlevel-formating ?

Thanks for any help !

   Reinald Gfuellner

--