ADSM-L

Re: Anyone seen this before???????

1999-10-29 08:46:12
Subject: Re: Anyone seen this before???????
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:46:12 -0400
> >When I issue a "q libv" I see a lot of "private" volumes.
> >A "q vol" on those volumes shows " No match found using this criteria."
> >So they're not assigned to any storagepool, they're not database
> >backups.
> >What happened to them??

This happened to us when we had restored our database to a point before we had
removed and added tapes.  An audit of the library caused 4 volumes to be
marked as private even though they were scratch tapes.  Why - I don't know,
but checking out these tapes and checking them back in as scratch got them
straightened out.

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems