ADSM-L

Problem Extending ADSM Database

1999-10-28 20:04:37
Subject: Problem Extending ADSM Database
From: "Daniel Mondaca S. - Dpto. Procesam. Infor. Sub. Dir. Informatica" <dmondaca AT SII DOT CL>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:04:37 -0400
Hi everybody,
    I'm trying to extend the ADSM database adding new raw device
volumes.
    Actually my database is  4 GB large (with 1 copy of 4GB more) using
raw device volumes. Now I need to add new volumes to extend the database
but the system doesn't accept the command:

adsm> define dbvol /dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s0

ANR2404E DEFINE DBVOLUME: Volume /dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s0 is not available.
ANS8001I Return code 14.

In the operating system I can use the device /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s0 to create
a filesystem so I think there is a previous step to "prepare" the device
to allow ADSM accept it as a database volume.

In need to solve this problem soon, before the database become full.

The system is ADSM  v3.1.2.40 on Solaris 2.5.1 (Sun Enterprise 10000)

Any sugestions??

Thanks in advance and Best regards.

Daniel Mondaca