ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7, Solaris 2.7 and STK 9740 with ACSLS, Final Word

1999-10-28 06:07:19
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7, Solaris 2.7 and STK 9740 with ACSLS, Final Word
From: Fredrik Lundholm <exce7 AT CE.CHALMERS DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:07:19 +0200
On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 09:40:37AM -0600, Kelly J. Lipp wrote:

Hello,

> 5. The other bad news.  There is not a plan in place to create a
> 64 bit driver.  For a while we thought there was a 64 bit driver soon
> to be released.  This is not the case.

Well, are they saying that they will not make any mt/lb drivers 64-bit, or
just won't make your driver 64-bit?

Well yes this is disturbing, I though supporting solaris 7 implied
64-bit drivers... I'm migrating my servers soon, and 64-bit operation
is the default of all modern Sun's in Solaris 7.
You have to "hack" to make it boot in 32-bit mode.

Actually I think it's almost fraud to sell something as "solaris 7
supported" without supporting 64-bit operation.

Fredrik Lundholm
exce7 AT ce.chalmers DOT se