ADSM-L

Re: Which Netware client should we download?

1999-10-27 09:03:10
Subject: Re: Which Netware client should we download?
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:03:10 EDT
In article <535B280C27E1D2119A79000024C8B4BABF6693 AT VEVICS14.nestec DOT ch>,
"Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM> says:

>Hello IBM or any Netware user of adsm,
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Rene Lambelet
>Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
>Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
>E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

You might also want to look at the 3.7 client on the ftp server
under the tivoli-storage-management directory.

If Tivoli/IBM does have someone that can/wants to answer this question,
Can she expand the scope and come up with a matrix for what is supported
for which client platform, at what level, and with which adsm/tsm
server/platform/level.

If I understand it tsm 3.7 readme states that you can use  3.1 clients
with 3.7 servers with some limits on some features based on the
server level.
For example
The hp/ux 3.7 client only supports hp/ux 11 but the
tsm 3.7 server support hp/ux 10.2 and 11. But if you want hsm then you
have to use the 3.1 client.

But they do not address the version 1 and 2 clients and version 2
servers, except for os/2. But there are still supported version 2
servers out there and there are client platforms only serviced by
version 1, or 2 or 3.1 clients. What are the support issues for them?

PS Please give up on "tivoli-storage-management" and please use TSM
   or something like DSM. The above name is just toooo long.

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                        (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
Cary NC 27513