ADSM-L

ADSM database - What exactly does it consist of??

1999-10-26 08:58:17
Subject: ADSM database - What exactly does it consist of??
From: Susan Wright <S.Wright AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:58:17 -0500
I am new to the adsm world and was wondering what exactly resides in the
ADSM database.

Is it pointers to the files that ADSM backs up?? Is it a copy of the file
that ADSM backs up?? Are there some type of logs in the ADSM db ?? If so
what?? Is it the data in the storage pools??

We have had the ADSM db fill up 3 times now and would like to know what
exactly fills it up so we can plan a little better the size of the database.
We are going to be adding about 600G of images and data when we have all our
NT servers being backed up so I want to be a little proactive.

Please help, anything is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Susan Wright
Lab Safety Supply
Janesville, WI 53546