ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database error

1999-10-26 08:35:00
Subject: Re: ADSM database error
From: ADSML <adsml AT YIFAN DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:35:00 -0500
This problem can be narrowed to this.
> 10/26/1999 08:34:43 ANR9999D lvmread.c(393): Attempt to read invalid DB
> logical page -841871960 (allocated = 3000).

Basically, ADSM couldn't read certain pages of your ADSM DB for one reason
or another.  Now if you were able to get it up again, ADSM was able to
recover, albeit news to me.  Changing certain options relating to MIRRORREAD
and MIRRORWRITE may alleviate something like this in dsmserv.opt, but in
most cases, you have to do RESTORE DB.

Just another tangent.....
Now why ADSM Server Development team chooses to leave C module debug
interface messages open for the public to see is beyond me.

ADSML