ADSM-L

challenging server-to-server implementation !

2015-10-04 17:38:08
Subject: challenging server-to-server implementation !
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi List,

Challenging ... at least for me !

I will be implementing a server-to-server solution, with
a smaller site with a single 3590-B11 library and a second
bigger with a 3494 and 4 drives.

The bigger site will provide copy pool for the first one,
as SERVER class.

After some time I will be migrating some of the clients
on site 1 to site 2. How can I achieve it ?

I thought I should take these steps :

1. run backup stgpool on site 1 to sync both the pools
2. export node A on site 1 with no data
3. import node A on site 2
4. create a primary stgpool on site 2
5. restore copypool to primary stgpool

Then node A4s data will be recognized in site 24s new
primary pool. And a valid client.

Is it wrong ? Will it work ?

I can4t export the client with data because I have the
infamous single drive constraint on the smaller site.

Do I have other options ?

best regards,
Rodrigo