ADSM-L

Fwd: 2nd ADSM Server on same NT box

1999-10-22 15:16:21
Subject: Fwd: 2nd ADSM Server on same NT box
From: Tomas Hallin <thwork AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:16:21 -0400
Apologies if you've already seen this... I got it returned as
"undeliverable" to ADSM-L so I'm resending it.

People,

I'm trying to set up a second ADSM server on my test NT box.  I follow
to the letter the instructions in the manual, and everything seems fine
until I'm at the stage where I'm to run the initnode.dat file.  The
command should be DSMSERV RUNFILE INITNODE.DAT, but when I try to run
it,  I immediately get the message ANR0259E Unable to read complete
restart/checkpoint information from any database or recover log volume.
 The DSMSERV.DSK file is there, pointing to the correct files.  The
messages manual only says to check that the db and log files are
present, and they are, so....

I've noticed that when doing the DSMSERV FORMAT for the database and
recovery log, it allocates space for both but according to the messages
only formats the recovery log.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/Tomas