ADSM-L

Re: Exchange and ADSM

1999-10-22 10:24:20
Subject: Re: Exchange and ADSM
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:24:20 -0400
ADSML,

Actually, this is not correct information in regards
to the ADSMConnect Exchange Agent backup scheme.

"Incremental" and "Full" mean something different
in Microsoft terminology when backing up the Exchange Server.

"Full" backups are Directory or Information Store
database and transaction log backups.
"Incremental" backups are transaction log only backups.

You can't do "Incrementals" without a prior successful "Full."
See Microsoft Exchange Server documentation for more details.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler