ADSM-L

Need quick OS/2 help

1999-10-21 09:59:00
Subject: Need quick OS/2 help
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:59:00 -0500
I don't see too many postings re OS/2, but I'm hoping somebody out there has a
quick answer to two questions:  I inherited two OS/2 machines that have ADSM on
them.  Backups are launched via the gui.  I'd like instead to launch the cli by
way of double-clicking an icon (whose definition would consist of "dsmc inc
-subdir=yes -this -that"), but I'm totally clueless on how to create the icon.
So, question 1 is: what is the step-by-step (assume nothing) procedure for
So, question 1 is: what is the step-by-step (assume nothing) procedure for
creating the icon equivalent to a Windows shortcut?  We'd perhaps also like to
automate the daily backup.  So, question 2 is: Aside from ADSM client polling
(which I'd like to avoid for certain reasons), is there an OS/2 means for
kicking off a daily backup (a la Windows 95 System Agent)?  Again, I would need
the step-by-step procedure.  Thanks in advance to those who can help me.

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 228-2570