ADSM-L

Re: Old Backup Data Staying Around

1999-10-18 14:19:49
Subject: Re: Old Backup Data Staying Around
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:19:49 -0400
As long as the copy in ADSM agrees with the copy on disk, why bother
transferring it again?  The active version is retained for as long as
there is a copy on disk.  When the online copy is erased, then the
active version goes inactive, and the data retention clocks start.

Rich

At 01:34 PM 10/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have an issue with ADSM 3.1.2.20 running on OS/390 with retention of backup
>data of static files staying around forever.
>My "RETAIN ONLY VERSION" is set for 30 days.  I thought that the static file
>would be re-backed up after 30 days even though it had
>not been modified, but I see that my backup of static or unchanged files is
>staying around well past the 30 days.
>What am I missing here?
>
>Thanks for any help!
>Paul
>PDBrown@Ashland .com

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203