ADSM-L

Re: Linux Client

1999-10-18 14:15:15
Subject: Re: Linux Client
From: peter jodda <oelsburg AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:15:15 PDT
Yes, there is a weird defect with. If the release string of
linix is too long, it will crash.
Look at the output of
uname -r
2.1.123 (7 chars) is too long, while 2.2.9 would be OK.
Try to use another Linux version, or better, patch the kernel.

It may sound funny, but this hint worked well on other customers
machines.