ADSM-L

Re: Expiration at 3.1.2.41

1999-10-18 11:25:41
Subject: Re: Expiration at 3.1.2.41
From: Cheri Howard <Cheri_Howard AT AAL DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:25:41 -0500
Jackie,

We recently went from 3.1.1.3 to 3.1.2.40 on the MVS ADSM server.  The
first expiration took a long time, but now is running it's normal 2-3 hours
daily.  The good news is that you can cancel the expiration process and it
will pick up where it left off the next time you start it up.  We ended up
doing the first run of the process over multiple days.  And be sure to keep
an eye on your recovery log!

Cheri Howard
cheri_howard AT aal DOT org

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          Jackie Balboni |
|        |          <JBALBONI@OCEAN|
|        |          SPRAY.COM>     |
|        |                         |
|        |          10/18/1999     |
|        |          09:02 AM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to "ADSM: Dist |
|        |          Stor Manager"  |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                     |
  |       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU                  |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Cheri Howard/AAL)               |
  |       Subject:     Expiration at 3.1.2.41           |

We just upgraded from 3.1.1.3 to 3.1.2.41 ADSM server on AIX 4.2. I have
been following the thread on expiration and read that the problems with it
had been fixed with the latest PTFs.

I am running my first expiration and it is taking a long time . Is this
because it is examining files it never did before and after the first
expiration it will go faster.
My  recovery log is filling with at a good pace.