ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server on AIX upgrade status

1999-10-18 11:16:10
Subject: Re: ADSM server on AIX upgrade status
From: Stuart Robertson <s.robertson AT UNITECH-UK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:16:10 +0000
I've upgraded a system to level .40 on AIX 4.3.2 using 3570 tape library
without problems (be aware that you have to upgrade the database and once
the upgrade is complete the database is incompatible with previous levels
so it's a good idea to backup the database prior to running the DSMSERV
UPGRADEDB command).

I have experienced problems with the Restore function from the Web Client
but don't know if this is particular to the .40 release as yet.

Stuart Robertson
Unitech Open Systems (Scotland)

Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM> on 10/18/99 12:02:34 PM

  To:          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  cc:          (bcc: Stuart Robertson/Edinburgh/Unitech)

  Subject      ADSM server on AIX upgrade status
  :

Im about to upgrade to level .40 on ADSM (on AIX v 4.3.0)  from ADSM
v3.1.2.0..
From what I hear things are ok at level .40 when using
Magstar 3570 devices...... ??
I know there are fixes at level .41 and .42