ADSM-L

Re: FreeBSD 3.3 ADSM Client

1999-10-17 22:49:19
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 3.3 ADSM Client
From: Carl Makin <carl AT XENA.AIPO.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:49:19 +1000
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, ADSM Liste wrote:

>   my customer has installed the ADSM Client for FreeBSD 3.3 and
> receives the message: ANS1508E: Error allocating semaphores.
> When he clicks O.K. the dsm is shut down.
> Any hints ?

Is this *really* a FreeBSD ADSM client? Or are you trying to run the Linux
client in emulation mode?

The "semaphores" error is probably that you haven't got any SYSV semaphore
support compiled into the kernel.  You will need to recompile your kernel
with the following options;

# This provides support for System V shared memory and message queues.
#
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM

If you are trying to use the Linux client then don't bother.  The way
FreeBSD linux emulation works means that the backup client never sees your
/ and /usr filesystems.

We use the sco v2 client here with a fair bit of success.

Carl.