ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Thank you Tom.  Wanda also had a great suggestion.
I am looking at both suggestions to see which one works
best in our environment. I will be performing a test D/R
within the next couple of weeks.

Angel
   ----Original Message-----
   From:       KauffmanT [SMTP:KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM]
   Sent:       Wednesday, October 13, 1999 9:23 AM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         KauffmanT
   Subject:    Re: Crash recovery doc.

   We've got all the ADSM data on a seperate volume group, and recover
   the
   group with restvg.

   1) create an exclude file for the VG in /etc
           our /etc/exclude.adsmdatavg contains the two characters /*
   2) save the VG with savevg (savevg -e -i -f /DR/backup.adsmdatavg)
           this will create a 50KB or 100KB file in the /DR directory -
   no
   userdata, just the LV and filesystem definitions

   3) reload (at the D/R center) with your MKSYSB
   4) restvg -f /DR/backup.adsmdatavg hdiskn hdiskn+1 . . . use enough
   drives
   to re-create the VG
   5) We have a library here, and use manual drives at the D/R site - so
   we
   edit the devconfig file to change the
           library to manual
   6) Do the dsmserv restore db to restore from your most current ADSM
   database
   backup
   7) In our case, re-define the library as manual again
   8) start formatting runs against the storage pool files

   This process has worked through 5 successfull ADSM recoveries, and 3
   successfull SAP database recoveries so far.

   Tom Kauffman
   NIBCO, Inc

--openmail-part-0e855a12-00000001--