ADSM-L

wildcards in archive command and variable substitution in -desc

1999-10-13 09:43:25
Subject: wildcards in archive command and variable substitution in -desc
From: Jeff Keen <JKeen AT CI.FLINT.MI DOT US>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:43:25 -0400
Hi all,

First attempt at this, hope it works. I am wondering if wilcards work in the
archive command. I have been trying to do the following with no luck:

dsmc a -desc="whatever" /oradata/.../FINTRN/*

Also, I am wondering if variable substitution can be used in the -des=
area of the archive command, like this:

dsmc a -desc=<my variable here> /whatever/*

System Info:

Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
10/13/99   09:13:08   Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.40

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff Keen
ADSM Administrator