ADSM-L

Re: ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes on AIX

1999-10-13 06:39:04
Subject: Re: ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes on AIX
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:39:04 +0200
Stuart,

thanks a lot for your warning(s). I am aware of both "problem areas". I'd
love to migrate to R5 with this customer but that's not a current issue.

Regards,
Michael

                    Stuart Robertson
                    <s.robertson@UNITE        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    CH-UK.COM>                cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     Re: ADSMConnect
Agent for Lotus Notes on AIX
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    13.10.99 12:29
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Be aware that the Notes Connect Agent for v4.X does not backup folder
information - therefore if you are backing up peoples mail files then your
users will get all their mail memos restored to All Documents and not
InBox, and whatever folders they may have created.  This usually upsets
them quite a lot!!  I ended up backing out a planned implementation in a
5000+ mail user environment for this reason.

I would also test this out fully before implementing on your production
system to make sure that the performance is up to what you require and that
it does not affect the domino server stability.  It may be advisable to
wait until you upgrade to R5 before implenting this as the R5 version will
backup folder info.

Stuart
Unitech Open Systems (Scotland)

Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE> on 10/13/99 05:44:57 AM

  To:          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  cc:          (bcc: Stuart Robertson/Edinburgh/Unitech)

  Subject      ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes on AIX
  :

Hi!

Before starting the installation of the ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes
on AIX (of course I know that it's now called "Tivoli Data Protection for
Lotus Notes on AIX", but...) I'd like to check with the list the "real"
requirements for a succesfull installation and operation. I'd like to use
the most latest level of the OS and application that is supported.

The README.DSMNOTES (IP21570= Version 2.1.9 PTF3) indicates
Lotus Notes 4.6.1 or 4.6.3
AIX 4.2.1 or AIX 4.3.0

The Tivoli Website indicates
Lotus Notes 4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.3, 4.6.4, 4.6.5
AIX 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.3.0, 4.3.1

So what's up?
What I'd like to run is AIX 4.3.2 (patched to the latest level) and Lotus
Notes 4.6.4 or 4.6.5 - any comments on that?

Regards,
Michael