ADSM-L

Any problems with the V3.7 client

1999-10-12 10:16:31
Subject: Any problems with the V3.7 client
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:16:31 -0500
ADSM'ers,
        I have had the V3.7 client loaded on 2 test machines for a week now
with no
problems.  I would like to hear any positive or negative feedback you have
on the V3.7 client.
I have the following to offer:

1).  If you want the new admin command line the old Admin GUI will be
removed.  Also if you install the backup/archive and admin clients into the
same directory the old Admin GUI will be removed.
2) The new admin command line has the server name in the prompt.
3) There is a new look and feel to the Backup/Archive GUI.  The same new
look and feel was given to the Web Client.
4) From the GUI you can now edit the include/exclude list.
5) There is a new option called resourceutilization which can be set from
1 - 10.  The doc says that it will start up to 8 sessions when set to 10.  I
have mine set to 10 but have seen only 2 sessions start.  The readme in the
V3.7 folder has a few very informative paragraphs on this new option.  In
summary when you run a q sess you will actually see 2 to 8 sessions for the
node.  In my case one was doing the DB query and the other was sending the
data (realized by trace information). The amount of sessions that start are
based on available resources up to the number you set in the opt file.
Setting the option to 10 doesn't guarantee you will see 8 sessions it
appears.

Thanks,
        Kyle
payne AT berbee DOT com