ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Hi,

with NT client 3.7.1.0 it seems you cannot select english as language when
Windows NT has been set up for another language, e. g. German (the option
file contains the option "language ameng" = American english). I think it is
absolutely necessary to have at least one workstation at a site in english
because the ADSM manuals (and the mails on this server too) are in english.

Apart from this the translation from english too german seems to be very
poor. I have only seen some terrible pieces of the b/a-client. The menu
titles Edit and View are translated as Editieren and Sicht (usually
Bearbeiten und Ansicht). But the most horrible and abstruse translation I
have seen is Zurückschreiben for Restore.

Gerd Leibrock

Koch, Neff & Oetinger & Co. GmbH
Schockenriedstr. 37
70565 Stuttgart