ADSM-L

Re: Percent utilized greater than Percent migratable

1999-10-11 12:42:46
Subject: Re: Percent utilized greater than Percent migratable
From: "Bohnsack, JA James (6030)" <BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:42:46 -0500
Besides having caching turned on that Betsy Moir just mentioned, another use
of space is when backup sessions are active.  This is something that I came
across a week or two ago and an append to the list resulted an a reply from
an ADSM/TSM developer.  I was seeing the same type of thing that you are and
appended with the subject "ANR0534W Size estimate exceeded" on September 24.
The net of the response from David Bohm, a developer, is that disk pool
space is used, or at least allocated, while a backup session is active in
anticipation of the requirements of the backup session.  It will show up as
percent utilized and not percent migratable.

Jim Bohnsack
Raytheon Systems Co