ADSM-L

Percent utilized greater than Percent migratable

1999-10-11 10:53:19
Subject: Percent utilized greater than Percent migratable
From: "Dana Mitchell;" <Dana.Mitchell AT ING-DM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:53:19 -0500
Hello

I am running 3.1.2.40 server on OS/390 and noticed my percent utilized is
much larger than percent migratable.  According to the manual this
difference is due to the amount of uncommitted data in the backup pool.  I
can't explain the difference though.  Example, I have a diskpool of about
85GB.  Currently percent utilized is 75% and percent migratable is 53%.
The difference of 22% of 85GB is about 18GB.  Where could this 18GB be?  I
have two NT notes servers clients running each with 5GB bytes received so I
could maybe believe 10GB uncommitted, but where could the other 8GB be?

TIA

Dana Mitchell