ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled restore

1999-10-11 10:28:07
Subject: Re: Scheduled restore
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:28:07 -0400
Another way you can automate this, is to schedule it from the 4th machine
instead of the ADSM server, by setting up a cron script (unix) or an AT
command (NT) that uses the command line (dsmc) to do the restore.

What you have to do first, is to go to each of the 3 machines and set up the
appropriate access rights; the first 3 machines have to create an ADSM
access list (pull down UTILITIES from the Win32 menu) giving the 4th machine
access to that directory.

Just another way to do the same thing.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert