ADSM-L

Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Subject: Tivoli Storage Manager 3.7
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My manager has heard 8:1 performance improvements are reported with TSM 3.7
over ADSM    (sorry, I must abbreviate).
I assume this is due to a combination of improvements.. including Adaptive
Differencing technology.

Does anyone know,  does the bulk of performance improvements happen in the
server?
Must I upgrade both client and server  to see the improvement?
I'm sure the powers that be, here,  will want to see this performance
improvement as quickly  as possible  : )
I want to tell them what to expect...  some improvement with just a server
upgrade    or what.

Is anyone using the TSM 3.7  S/390 Edition,  having replaced your ADSM/MVS
server?
Is there an upgrade fee?    Is the code available to download?
Any trouble with it?

Thanks  once again, very much.
Julie