ADSM-L

Re: Wish list - new item!

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Subject: Re: Wish list - new item!
From: Simon Watson [mailto:simon.s.watson AT SHELL.COM DOT BN]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My view is that the policy settings are detailed enough to handle this.
 The old file will be treated as a deleted file (and those policy
settings will take effect - you can still keep a number of versions -
for a given time period).  People move files & directories around on
systems all the time and there is no way that ADSM could keep track of
this.  Also you wouldn't want to have to invoke ADSM commands to
perform tasks such as this.  ADSM should just take care of the old &
the new files according to the predefined policy.

I hope I haven't misunderstood the question!

Regards,
Simon
| From: Fred.Landreville /  mime, , , Fred_Landreville AT RJRI DOT COM
| From: Fred.Landreville /  mime, , , Fred_Landreville AT RJRI DOT COM
| To: ADSM-L /  mime, , , ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
| Subject: Wish list - new item!
| Date: Friday, 08 October, 1999 3:31PM
|
| Ever had to move a user from one File Server to another?
|
| What happens with ADSM is that once to files are moved, all Object
Versions