ADSM-L

Re: Can a client backup schedule span midnight

1999-10-07 11:24:37
Subject: Re: Can a client backup schedule span midnight
From: Ryan Carter <racarter AT DATA-TRONICS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:24:37 -0500
Here's the output from :
adsm> q sched * backup21 f=d

            Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
                 Schedule Name: BACKUP21
                        Action: Incremental
                       Objects:
               Start Date/Time: 01/14/1995 20:00:00
                      Duration: 8 Hour(s)
                        Period: 1 Day(s)
                   Day of Week: Any
                    Expiration:
Last Update by (administrator): URCARTEA
         Last Update Date/Time: 09/30/1999 15:17:50
              Managing profile:

The server's window is definitely lasting 8 hours; it seems the client
is not working properly.  A windows 95 client running the ADSM scheduler
(v3.103) generated the following error when querying the server for its
next scheduled event after midnight but before the schedule window
finishes:  "ANS1815E Either the window has elapsed or the schedule has
been deleted".  Perhaps the scheduler client is unable to handle a date
change or am I misinterpreting this error message?

Thanks,
Ryan Carter