ADSM-L

Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6

1999-10-07 09:21:20
Subject: Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6
From: Rainer Wolf <Rainer.Wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:21:20 +0200
Hello,
can someone tell me if this is a known bug on the digita 3.1.0.6 client:

I have two digital clients ( one actual 3.1.0.7 and one 3.1.0.6 )
in the same domain with the same managememt classes available.
The default archive CopyGroup points to a pool which is set to READONLY.

The Problem occurs when I want to write archive Data using a mgmt Class
which points to an actual writable Pool - using the '-archm=...'
Option.
The 3.1.0.7 Client works with no Problem and writes the Data into
the Pool which is marked on the 'Copy Destination ' Field ( doing the ,q
mgmt -det' ).
The 3.1.0.6 Client however won't use this (writable) Storagepool but
always
want to write the Data into the Pool of the Default archive copygroup -
so
I get only the message , server out of data storage ' .
The managementclass I use on both Clients points to an archive Copygroup

with no equivalent backup copygroup ( I have deleted the backup copy
group
with delete copy ... type=backup ).
At the moment I only see the way to update digital unix to install the
new adsm Client .

Thanx in advance for any hints, I will summarize
Rainer