ADSM-L

Re: Problem with backup DB2 V5.2 using ADSM 3.1 on AIX 4.3

1999-10-06 16:09:03
Subject: Re: Problem with backup DB2 V5.2 using ADSM 3.1 on AIX 4.3
From: Bill Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:09:03 -0400
A few things to look at, make sure the DSMI_DIR, DSMI_CONFIG and DSMI_LOG
environments are set.  These parameters are usually set in the scripts that
execute the backups or in the users profile.  We do not have an inclexcl option
in the dsm.sys unless we want to tie the backups to a certain management class.
The following comes from a script that is currently being used for db2 V5.2

DSMI_CONFIG=/db2/DB2/sqllib/adsm/dsm.opt
DSM_LOG=/db2/DB2/errors
DSMI_LOG=/db2/DB2/errors
DSM_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin
DSM_CONFIG=/db2/DB2/sqllib/adsm/dsm.opt