ADSM-L

Re: Log file fills now ADSM server will not restart

1999-10-06 11:08:16
Subject: Re: Log file fills now ADSM server will not restart
From: "Vraspir, Mary J." <MJVraspir AT WEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:08:16 -0500
Usage: from AIX

  dsmfmt [-k|-m|-g] [-db|-log|-data] {filename1} {size1} [{filename2}
{size2} ... ]

  where  -k|-m|-g         is KB, MB or GB, respectively.  Default size is
-m.
        -db|-log|-data    is file type to be formatted: database,
        -db|-log|-data    is file type to be formatted: database,
                          log or data (repository).  Default is -data.
        {filename}        is the name of the file to be formatted.
        {size}            is the requested size.

For database or log, minimum allocated size is 5MB or 9MB, respectively.
Their actual allocation will be in multiples of 4MB plus an additional 1M.
For example:
  5M (database) or 9MB (log) allocated for input size of 1,  2,  3,  4 or
5M
  9M (database & log)        allocated for input size of     6,  7,  8 or
9M
 13M (database & log)        allocated for input size of    10, 11, 12 or
13M

For repository, minimum allocated size is 1MB.
My example...
dsmfmt -log /usr/lpp/adsmserv/log/0/log00  25
The server should start
Then
define logvolume /usr/lpp/adsmserv/log/0/log00 25
extend log 25

This should get you back in business
I assume you are roll forward recovery.
Make sure you disable sessions until your database backup has finished or
allocate enough new log space to last the duration of the backup.
If you run the recovery log out of space again you will have to repeat.
Good luck!   Been there, done that.
MV