ADSM-L

Re: ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives

1999-10-04 10:37:27
Subject: Re: ANR8824E Errors on 3494 with 3590E Drives
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:37:27 -0600
     Yes, we are at c747 for microcode which is the latest available.
     Jim

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    10/4/99 9:17 AM

James SPORER wrote:

>      We recently upgraded two 3590 drives to 3590e drives and added two
>      more 3590e drives to our 3494 ATL.  Since the change we have gotten a
>      ANR8824E message on four occasions.  The error causes ADSM to change
>      the status of the volume it is attempting to mount to unavailable.  We
>      have reported the problem to our IBM hardware maintenance people and
>      they are looking at it.  I was wondering if anyone else has had a
>      similar problem?  We are running the AIX version of ADSM at level
>      3.1.2.40.
>      Jim Sporer
>      james.sporer AT doit.wisc DOT edu

Perhaps a stupid question, but did they upgrade the microcode
in the 3590s?
You need new microcode when upgrading from 3590 to 3590E.

--
                  *** When you build it, they will come ***
                  *** When you build it, they will come ***

Walter de Jong
walter AT sara DOT nl        http://www.sara.nl/
Systems Programmer at SARA -- National Supercomputer Services

People should be able to e-mail me, spambots should not.