ADSM-L

Re: Two server with the same database ??

1999-10-04 09:38:24
Subject: Re: Two server with the same database ??
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:38:24 EST
Linking to another directory is the best option. In fact you will only need
to link the GIF and  CLASS files.

The ADSM "instance" will be known from the directory it is started. The
directory must contain the dsmserv.opt file, which will be different for
each server (remember you will have to select different TCP ports for each).

Customize startup scripts and everything will be alright.

Last, but not least. Customize the client (/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt) to
accept both ADSM servers. Use the SERVERNAME (a symbolic name) option to
select which server you will be connecting to.

I suggest selecting different network interfaces for each server.

Just a little doubt. ADSM can be very resource demanding. What platform are
you using ? Why 2 servers on the same box ? Be careful with performance ...

best regards,
Rodrigo