ADSM-L

Re: Magstar MP 3570, B-Series

1999-09-30 21:10:19
Subject: Re: Magstar MP 3570, B-Series
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:10:19 -0700
Maporce,

I havn't used a magstar 3570 for over a year but I have set them up and
did not see very good compression.  This is not a statement about the
drive as much as the data.  The most common drive I work with is the DLT
7000 and one customer gets ~70GB while another gets over 100GB/tape!
The second example is one where the data is obviously more compressable.

Steffan