ADSM-L

MVS Server - Expiration/Reclaim

1999-09-30 11:07:31
Subject: MVS Server - Expiration/Reclaim
From: Steve Fletcher <sfletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:07:31 -0400
Greetings all!
I recently upgraded from ADSMv2/MVS to v3.1.1.3.  This release had problems with
memory and CPU utilization so, the MVS guy applied his latest PTF's to the
system which brought ADSM to 3.1.2.0.  This corrected the memory/CPU problem but
now I believe I have a problem with expiration.  For example, yesterday reclaim
ran against offsite pool, then early this morning expiration ran deleting about
30k of backup objects.  This morning I checked the offsite tapepool and there
are no tapes to be reclaimed.  This is the first time this has happened in two
years of running ADSM.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone else experienced similar problem with 3.1.2.0 on OS/390?
2) To what STABLE release do I upgrade to correct this problem?
3) Are there any temporary steps I can take to get rid of the old stuff before I
upgrade to the release identified in question 2?

As an FYI, I have spent the passed few days searching the list archives and have
not seen anything definitive except for a message last January about there being
a bug in this release of which IBM was aware.

The specs on the environment are:
OS/390v2.5   ADSM v3.1.2.0

Thanks in advance for the help!