ADSM-L

Mutex error stopping ADSM servers running on NT

1999-09-30 10:57:40
Subject: Mutex error stopping ADSM servers running on NT
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:57:40 -0400
I've brought this to the list server before but no one responded so I
thought I would give it another whirl!

We have 10 ADSM servers Version 3.1.2.20 on  NT 4.0 SP4 servers.
The clients are in the process of upgrading to version 3.1.06 from 2.1.0.5.

During nightly backups of 2500 clients per server the ADSM server stops with
the following message in the
NT event log:

ADSM Server Diagnostic: ANR9999D: Thread 41 (TID 110):
pkAcquireMutex error, object 1: Mutex object already held.

This happens on 9 out of 10 servers and not all servers 9 servers every
night. Some more than others.
The one that this has NEVER happend to doen't reveal anything that is
different from the other 9 servers.

ADSM says that they have a report of another client with the same issue.
OK, if you are on the list server PLEASE let me know! I'd love to compare
server config and software
to figure this out.

thanks -
CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com