ADSM-L

Damaged Tape?

1999-09-29 16:19:45
Subject: Damaged Tape?
From: Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:19:45 -0400
I have a 3590 tape volume I'm trying to checkin after being offsite (it's
now empty).
I get I/O error from the robot:
Message: ANR8301E I/O error on library ROB (OP=004C6D31, SENSE=N/A,
            CC=00000011).
Message: ANR8310E An I/O error occurred while accessing library ROB
If I try "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -m -f /dev/rmt1 -V <volser>" I get
Mount  operation Failed - Damaged Cartridge Ejected.
The tape gets put out to the Damaged Cartridge slot of the 3494.
However the MVS guys checked the label etc. They said the tape seems Okay !
BTW, I can mount other tape  to the rmt1. So the tape
drive is Okay.   Any ideas what could be wrong with this tape?

We are running AIX 4.2.1 , ADSM 2.1.0.8

Ken Chamberlain
University of Toronto
Phone:(416) 978-1582
Fax:  (416) 971-2085
E-mail: ken.chamberlain AT utoronto DOT ca