ADSM-L

IMPORT NODE Question; OS/390 3.1.2.20

1999-09-28 10:28:38
Subject: IMPORT NODE Question; OS/390 3.1.2.20
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:28:38 -0400
Is it possible to assign a specific management class (other than the default
class for the domain) to node data being imported?  We have a client that is
being moved from one server to another.  The archive data was archived with a
-archmc=A1096 (3 yrs) option on the original server.  We now want to import it
into a domain with a default archive management class of A365 (1 yr), but want
into a domain with a default archive management class of A365 (1 yr), but want
to retain the management class of 3 yrs for this data.  A1096 is a valid
management class in the new domain, but not the default.  It seems as though by
importing it into the new domain as it is currently configured, all data beyond
the 1 yr is being deleted.  I've looked at the parms for the import node
command, but can't seem to find anything that will allow this.  Thanks for any
help,

                         Ginny