ADSM-L

Re: Invisible tape volume.

1999-09-28 03:08:09
Subject: Re: Invisible tape volume.
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:08:09 +0200
Angel,

is the volume known to ADSM ("Q VOL SH0133")? What does the library
itself think about the volume (try "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qV -V SH0133" from
AIX) and which category does it have? If you took the default categories
for your library definition, the ADSM tapes are assigned to categories
12C, 12D or 12E. If the tape is not assigned to one of these categories
or to the insert category (FF00), find out the reason why.

If you are sure, that the volume is not in use, you might simply change
the tape's category to the insert category
("mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -t FF00 -V SH0133")
and check it in.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet