ADSM-L

ANS1036S Invalid TCP Window Size

1999-09-27 13:30:15
Subject: ANS1036S Invalid TCP Window Size
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:30:15 -0400
MVS OS/390 Server 3.1.2.20; AIX Client 3.1.0.7

     I know there was a thread back in August regarding bogus ANS1036S error
messages indicating the TCP Window Size is invalid.  I've tried changing it to
2048, 0 - and I've tried creating a symbolic link to /usr/sbin/dsm.opt.  None of
these worked.  We're still getting the error messages in the client logs.  True
it does not affect the backup from completing successfully, but it doesn't
look nice on the client end.  They're pushing for a resolution.  Does anyone
know if there's been one issued, or if there will be one issued?

                         Thanks,

                         Ginny