ADSM-L

ADSM - FROMDATE in restore parm not being accepted

1999-09-27 01:50:14
Subject: ADSM - FROMDATE in restore parm not being accepted
From: Gary Johnson <GJOHNSO AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:50:14 +1200
        Hi there,
        I hope someone can help me with this query.  We have a number of
NetWare servers with ADSM clients (V.3.1.07), and an ADSM server that runs
on an OS/390 MVS Mainframe (v.3.1, level 2.0).  I am using the command
prompt to "drive" the restore from the NetWare client.

We are having problems getting the -FROMDATE parameter to work on a file
restore.  I am still fiddling with it but basically every option I choose I
get the error back saying 'ANS1102E Excessive number of command line
arguments passed to this prompt'.

Sorry I haven't got too much more detail just no matter what I try the above
error message comes up.  The manual says it can be used, but I don't know
what I'm doing wrong.

Hope someone can help me...

Regards,
Gary Johnson
Operations Analyst  (Emergency Planning)
IT Operations
CLEAR Communications Ltd
cnr Taharoto & Northcote Roads, Takapuna,
Auckland, 1309, New Zealand.
floorzone: 2101
 phone:  (64-9)  912-4200
     DDI:  (64-9)  912-4984