ADSM-L

Re: ANR0534W Size estimate exceeded

1999-09-24 14:43:02
Subject: Re: ANR0534W Size estimate exceeded
From: David Bohm <bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:43:02 -0600
>Does the delta between the low %Migr and the high %Util represent the amount
>of space that has been reserved for other clients that are concurrently
>being backed up?

Yes.  This is bitfile space that has been allocated in the storage pool for
transactions that are
currently in flight.

>I run with migration, low and high, set to 20% and 90%
>respectively.  If I were to drop the high end to, say 60% or 70% should that
>buy me something?

Yes.  This is our general recommendation.  Dropping the high migration
value should allow migration to start before all of the space in the
storage pool is reserved allowing the emergency extentions for low estimates
to be successfuly into the storage pool.

David Bohm
ADSM server development