ADSM-L

Re: Justification for ADSM

1999-09-24 05:30:19
Subject: Re: Justification for ADSM
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:30:19 +0200
Why ADSM?

What does is cost if each server has..!

its own HW
own HW-Support
its own Maintenance contracts for HW and SW
its own operation
its own automation
its own admin skills to deal with the bbackupsoftware and Media
its own capacity plannning
its own budget-war to get the money
its own Disastter scenario
its own vaulting
its onw datamigartion if HW changes...
and so on and on....

That's why we have  ADSM and we do not want to go back !!!!

Need I say more???

Apropos Opearting System selection:

With which OS can you manage Terabytes of Data in an stable and secure way?
Which OS and HW offers you a good scalability for your growth in the next
years?
Which OS offers you a adequate SW and HW support, even in the case of HW
and SW Migration? (Or do you want to reinstall the OS  every time?)
Which OS offers you the possibillty to share your work between
System-Admins and ADSM-Admins, or do you have to find the one who can all
the "Superstorage-Admin"?

At you to decide!!

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser