ADSM-L

Re: Library 3494 - Cleaning barcode

1999-09-22 16:30:36
Subject: Re: Library 3494 - Cleaning barcode
From: Richard Cowen <richard.cowen AT VTMEDNET DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:30:36 -0400
>Dears,
>
>        on a Library 3570 the cleaner cartridges are like normal cartridge with
>different labels, and they come with the label & barcode on them.
>
>        When I received the Library 3494, 2 Cleaner cartridges came with it
> with
>the correct label (barcode) on them. Now I just bought 3 new cleaner
>tapes and no barcode on them ... they told me you should buy them
>separately, 1000 pieces! Does anybody of you know about programs to print
>them (Tri-Code barcode)?

join the club.  even the IBM plant here in Essex Jct Vermont has this problem.
I suggest you buy the 1000 and then we other's will buy a couple of dozen from
you!
What we and IBM-Vermont now do is carefully remove labels from old tapes and
reuse them.  They do not have to be s/n CLN9999, but just unique enough to
define to the Magstar 3494 thru the console.  For example, our production tapes
use labels like "M123456".  If you give me some labels like "SJ12345", and can
use those on cleaning tapes....

Richard